Sunday 3 November 2013

GUEST BLOG: 'My morning ritual' by Jo Arthur, Celebrity Yoga Teacher & Health Coach



My morning ritual involves a wake up call (by alarm or ideally the birds!) at 7am.

I  spend 10 - 20 minutes sitting quietly (aka meditating), usually to some lovely calming music (The Devi Prayer is my favourite).  Those little thoughts are a big challenge for us all, so I focus on my breath to help calm my mind and visualise my thoughts floating away like clouds in the sky….it helps J

I’m usually in my pyjamas (!) and will then do some gentle stretching (Yin Yoga) to open up my body for the day, usually 10 – 20 minutes. Yin is an amazingly powerful, slow form of yoga which deeply stretches connective tissue and releases both physical and energetic blockages. I love it and it compliments my Power Yoga practice and teaching perfectly!:)nd and visualise my thoughts floating away like clouds in the sky... help and try to visualise my thoughts as clouds

A cup of hot water and lemon is then followed by dry body brushing (both great for the lymphatic system), a lovely shower and then a delicious green juice or smoothie.  A typical smoothie would be ½ avocado, ½ banana, chia seeds & flaxseeds (for a big protein & omega 3 hit), a spoonful of green superfood powder, a handful of spinach, fresh mint, 1 cup of filtered water – delicious! 
Then ready to rock n roll for another day in the life of Jo Arthur, Celebrity Yoga Teacher & Health Coach!

Jo is running a Juice/Yoga Retreat at Daylesford Organic Farm in the Cotswolds on 18/19th January 2014.
Jo teaches at The Power Yoga Company, The Chelsea Club, Sweaty Betty, Slice Studios & The House of Yoga.

W:            www.purepoweryoga.co.uk        FB:          joarthuryogaandnutrition    Twitter:       jomarthur



No comments:

Post a Comment