300ml of Water
225g of Mixed Dried fruits (ensure organic and free from Sulpher dioxide)
175g of quinoa flour (gluten free can be used instead)
250g of Chopped (sugar free) dates
1tbsp of Cacao powder (I use Creative Nature Superfood)
3tbsp of baking powder
½ tsp of Cinnamon
¼ tsp of Ground Ginger
A dash of grated nutmeg
50g of Almonds/pistachios/Cashews
4tbsp of Fresh Orange juice (cold pressed)
- Pre-Heat the oven to 160C. Put some baking paper on a 900g loaf tin with baking parchment
- Put the dates and water into the saucepan. Start heating up until the water gets absorbed by the dates. Then add the banana. Mash them with a wooden spoon and add the orange juice to make the mixture thick and sticky.
- Mix the dried fruits, quinoa flour & cacao powder in a mixing bowl.
- Turn out the preheated loaf tin and make a pattern on the top with nuts of your choice, I like pistachio nuts!
- Cook for 1 hour & 30 mins. Make sure you start checking the cake after 1 hour by inserting a knife inside the cake (it has to come out clean).
- When the cake is cooked, place on a cooling rack.
- You can make your own icing with Tiana raw coconut and cacao mixed together with a dash of water!! Allow to thicken and spread on to the cake. Sprinkle with Creative Nature Cacao Nibs.
RHITRITION JANUARYS SUGAR DETOX!
After all the Christmas indulging, why not give yourself a Christmas treat and book yourself in for a January sugar detox with Rhiannon? At only £145 it includes one hour consultation, a 2 week diet plan and a probiotic supplement. Further information here…..
Rhiannon is a registered nutritionist (UKVRN) with a 1st class BSc in Nutrition & Health. Specialising in Eating Disorders & Obesity, MSc. Based in Harley Street at The Food Doctor Clinic.