Monday 28 July 2014

Transcendental Meditation (TM): Reduced stress, improved health & mental clarity


“Transcendental Meditation: Reduced stress, improved health & mental clarity” - The Meditation Trust.

Transcendental Mediation (TM) is an effortless, easy and enjoyable way of meditating and research shows that it can improve health problems including Anxiety & Depression, Addiction, Blood Pressure, Fatigue, Heart Health, IBS, Insomnia, Migraine and PTSD.

As many of my loved ones know, I tend to be a ‘worrier’ with occasional moments of anxiety and I have been saying to myself for years that I should take up meditation but just never had the time (an excuse that I use far too often!). Then, one day, one of my darling clients gave me a cut out on The Meditation Trust and the benefits of TM.  After many years of procrastinating, this made me realise that this was the right time in my life to learn. Conveniently there was a course a few weeks later so I booked in.  

After a rather intriguing ceremony when I was given my secret mantra and 3 sessions of long talks lasting 3 hours each, I had the power of meditation…it was as easy as that.  And it really is that easy.  I always assumed that meditation was going to be really hard for someone like me who had endless thoughts but unlike other forms of meditation, TM practice involves no concentration, no control of the mind, no contemplation, no monitoring of thoughts – anyone can do it.

So, once you have been taught by a certified teacher, all you need is your mantra and 20 minutes twice a day (you can be sitting on a bus or a tube so no excuses!) and you will notice subtle changes to yourself in everyday life within weeks.  I’ve been practicing for a week and I already notice a change. I feel calmer, more patient, more energetic, lighter and have a happy awareness of being in the present.  

A lot of us are very aware of our general health and wellbeing and spend a lot of time doing exercise and eating well.  This is great for our bodies, but are we forgetting to look after our minds?  As we all know the mind and body work together – the Mind Body connection.  So if you want to better yourself even more, I would hugely recommend taking up TM – it will work!  If you interested in the TM course but have any questions or queries then please let me know.  Have a happy day xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment