My lovely friend, Alexandra Dudley, founder of Punch Foods has kindly given me this delicious, healthy and nutritious salad which will hopefully inspire you all to start cooking similar dishes at home this January!
Punch foods seeds are definitely my favourite healthy snack ('Meet your Maca' is my regular!) is and fit perfectly in my handbag to keep me going throughout the day. Using only the finest 100% natural and organic ingredients, Alexandra has created an innovative range of artisan snacks that, as well as containing highly potent health benefits, taste totally delicious.
Raw Asian Slaw with black and white sesame seeds, pistachio and cashew nuts and a Feel the Heat Superseed Boost
Bursting with vitamins A, C, D, E and K this salad is one of our favourites.
Packed full of delicious nuts and seeds providing you with essential proteins and amino acids this salad does wonders for your skin and eye health. Crunchy and tangy with a little fiery kick thanks to out Feel The Heat Superseeds it’s a definite crowd pleaser!
Serves 4 to 6
- 1 small or ½ a regular sized red cabbage finely sliced
- 6 large/8 medium sized carrots peeled and grated
- 4 Tbsp Organic Cold Pressed Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp Organic Tamari
- 1 large garlic clove (minced)
- 2 tsp Brown Rice Syrup
- 2 tsp Japanese rice wine vinegar
- 1 heaped tbsp. white sesame seeds
- 1 heaped tbsp. black sesame seeds
- ¼ cup shelled pistachios
- ¼ cup raw cashews quickly browned in a hot dry pan (to give them colour)
- Punch Foods’ Feel the Heat Superseeds
- Combine the cabbage and carrots in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl combine all the dressing ingredients, whisk and pour over the vegetables.
- Add the sesame seeds and nuts and toss everything to combine making sure everything is thoroughly dressed.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and sprinkle with a generous topping of Feel the Heat Superseeds for a metabolism boosting kick!(can be stored in an airtight container and kept for up to three days)