I recently became acquainted with a new food delivery company called Eat Evolve (www.eatevolve.com). The two founders, Marcus & Niall, are super inspiring and have endless energy. They started Eat Evolve last year because as busy city-workers in London, they struggled to find easily accessible, high quality and delicious food. The food from Evolve all follows the general Paleo framework, so it is all made with the highest quality and locally sourced grass-fed, free range meats. They also steer clear of common allergens/inflammatory foods like wheat, gluten, dairy, soy and refined sugars. Their grain-free granola and cookies are amazing!
So for those of you struggling to source, prepare and eat healthier (and yummy!) meals – Eat Evolve offers a great solution.
Marcus and Niall have generously offered all of my clients & fans £20 off your first order – a no-brainer to give it a try! Just enter “CHLOE” at check-out.
Smokey Chicken & tomato stew with Kalamata olives
Free range chicken thigh (the best tasting and most nutritious part of the chicken)
marinated in a fresh spice blend and slowly braised in a rich tomato and sweet smoked paprika sauce with Kalamata olives.
· 10g smoked paprika
· 1g oregano
· 1g garlic powder
· 1g cumin powder
· 1g black pepper
· 2g Sea salt
· 1.6kg free-range chicken boneless thigh, sliced into 2cm pieces
· 60g Rapeseed oil
· 280g onion
· 60g Garlic
· 30g tomato puree
· 800g chopped tomatoes
· 300g Water
· 80g black olives, finely sliced
· 40g Honey
· 4g Sea Salt
1. Grind ingredients for the spice mix to a fine powder, mix 1/2 the spice mix (8g) with the chicken & 15g rapeseed oil, marinate for 2 hours.
2. Soften the onion & Garlic in 30g rapeseed oil for 8 minutes, no colour.
3. Stir in the remaining 8g spice mix, the tomato puree and fry for 3 minutes, no colour.
4. Add the remaining ingredients bring to a simmer and transfer to a gastronome, cover the surface with tin foil to create a cartouche and cover with a lid.
5. Cook in the preheated oven maintaining an internal temperature of 85C for 1 hour until the chicken is tender.
6. Taste, adjust the seasoning if required.