A 10 minute blast for tum, bum and bingo wings! Easy to do at home, the gym or even on your lunch hour.
- Lying on your back with an imprinted spine (engage your core, draw your lower ribs down towards your hip bones, a very slight pelvic tilt so that your back is flat on the floor – avoid jamming the lower back into the mat)
- Lift your legs up into a tabletop position (legs in a 90 degree angle, knees above hips) and your fingers to temples
- Inhale to drop the chin, exhale and slowly lift your head and shoulders up off the mat. Avoid jamming the chin to chest – look towards knees
- Keeping your body still and chest open, exhale and slowly rotate and draw your left rib down towards your right hip and extend your left arm as you reach up towards the right knee.
- Alternate sides.
- Lying on your side with head on bottom arm. Make sure your heels, hip and shoulder are in line, with a gap between the waist and the mat. Knees bent to 45 degrees hip flexion, 90 degrees knee flexion
- Squeeze the heels together and slowly lift the top knee to hip level. Hold it at the top for at least 5 seconds and then slowly lower
- Repeat for 1 minute with a 30 second hold at the top.
3. BINGO WINGS
- Sit on the floor with your knees bent, feet on floor, hands on the floor below your shoulders with fingers pointing towards your body
- Lift your hips off the floor and slowly bend your elbows straight behind you, hold at the bottom and slowly extend the arms back to straight (but don’t lock the elbows)
- NOTE: keep your shoulders away from your ears
- 3 sets of 12-15 repetitions