1) Start the day with a squeezed lemon or DoTerra lemon oil in warm water to kick-start the gastric juices, digestive enzymes and to alkalize you body pH. EVERY MORNING ON EMPTY STOMACH!!!! A pinch of cayenne pepper can be added to enhance the benefits of the lemon and speed up your metabolism.
2) Avoid processed sugars made from cane, beet and corn but you can still enjoy naturally occurring sugar such as low glycemic load fruit. Most summer fruits are LGL so we can enjoy the multiple health benefits of berries, nectarines, peaches and watermelon. In moderation raw honey, dates and dried fruit. Xylitol and Erythritol are not artificial sweeteners and can replace sugar with just a little impact in blood sugar
3) Fast every day without making any effort. Fasting 12 hours between dinner and breakfast (Dinner pm and breakfast 7 am) gives a break to the liver improving its detoxifying function and allowing the body to eliminate dying cells and regenerate new ones. Taking supplements such as Liver Detox (medicinal mushrooms, milk thistles and chlorella), Sugar Balance (alpha lipoic acid) and Pure Way – C (fat soluble vit C) by TIERRA (available at Lomax) for 30 days will help boost efficiently your Detox. Green Tea Extract by TIERRA will speed up your metabolism to help weight loss as it is a great anti-ageing and cancer inhibitor.
4) Drink a super green juice or smoothie every single day to help your liver get rid of your toxins. You will get all the nutrients and enzymes of the greens, and maintain an alkaline body pH. If training very early try a supergreen juice with some protein such as cordyceps booster, ground chia or flaxseeds and having a healthy balanced breakfast afterwards such as quinoa or Jumbo oats with almond milk with some berries, a handful of raw nuts or mixed seeds/ 1 egg with crudités and 1 slice or sourdough bread…).Depending on your training and aims your needs will be different.
5) One of my favorite simple super green juice: 2 handfuls of organic spinach, 1 fennel bulb, 1 large cucumber, 1 lime, 2 leaves of basil, 1 g of cordyceps, 1 teaspoon of chia seeds. Whisk apart in a little bit of cold water with a Japanese bamboo whisker a teaspoon of matcha green tea powder to obtain a frothy juice a nice consistency, then pour juice.
6) Best antiaging habit: “Adopting the right attitude can convert a negative stress into a positive one” says Dr Hans Selye. Exercise, clean diet, good quality sleep and a good laugh!! Lifestyle support by TIERRA apart of being formulated with medicinal mushrooms, also contains pan ax ginseng, which acts as a nervous system modulator
7) Stop drinking with your meals. Drinking liquids during your meal dilutes your naturally occurring digestive enzymes and stomach acids which makes it harder to breakdown food. Digesting properly is crucial for health, staying slim and good mental performance.
8) Do not skip breakfast or lunch so you do not arrive starving at dinner and, inevitably, end up overeating.
9) Introduce more nuts/seeds and always combine protein with carbohydrate for a more even release of energy and curb cravings. For example fruit with a small handful of nuts/seeds – always unroasted/unsalted. Nut butters, hummus or guacamole with crudités are excellent options.
10) Try to finish your shower with a sequence of very cold water and hot water, 2 or 3 times, to increase blood circulation which helps flush out toxins everywhere in the body. If you can, increase the effect with a body brushing. It stings at first, but yes, you get used after a while.
By Natalia Otero Sancho